Welcome to our family! Our mission is to provide the highest quality of comprehensive orthopedic care to our patients. The information below will help you prepare to join us in this effort.
Details about your orientation, including date and location, will be sent to you. General details about orientation are mentioned below.
Administrative Staff: Business casual
Athletic Trainer: Black, Royal Blue, Pewter or Shocking Pink scrubs
Medical Assistant: Black, Royal Blue, Pewter or Shocking Pink scrubs
Patient Intake Clerk: Black, Royal Blue, Pewter or Shocking Pink scrubs
Radiological Technologist: Black scrubs
RNs - OR, Pre/Post Op, PACU: Surgical scrubs provided
RNs - Inpatient Unit: Black scrubs
Nursing Technicians: Pewter scrubs
Instrument Room Technicians: Surgical scrubs provided
Surgical Assistant: Surgical scrubs provided
PT, OT at OrthoIndy Hospital: Polo shirt, Khaki pants
Unit Secretary - Inpatient unit: Pewter scrubs
Unit Secretary - Pre/Post Op: Surgical scrubs provided
Patient Intake Clerk at OrthoIndy Hospital: Polo shirt, Black or Khaki pants or skirt
Concierge: Navy Blue or Black Blazer; Navy, Black or Khaki dress pants or skirt
What To Bring
You must bring the following items with you to orientation. This documentation is required for your continued employment.
- Proof of identity: passport or two other pieces of identification (example: drivers license plus Social Security card or birth certificate)
- Professional licenses, if applicable
- Diploma / Transcript - Nursing school*
- MMR - Written documentation of vaccination with 2 doses administered at least 28 days apart OR proof of immunity (MMR Titer).*
- Varicella - Written documentation of vaccination with 2 doses of varicella vaccine, Laboratory evidence of immunity or laboratory confirmation of disease (varicella Titer) OR Verification of a history of varicella disease by a healthcare provider.*
- Hepatitis B series or declination form to be signed in orientation.*
- Training certifications (CPR, ACLS, PALS, et cetera).*
- As an added note a Quantiferon blood test will be required during orientation (we do not accept outside PPD results).*
- Voided check to enroll in direct deposit
You should have received an email requesting the completion of on boarding documentation. Please complete this information no later than the Wednesday prior to your start date.
*Indicates additional requirements for OrthoIndy Hospital positions.
Orientation Times and Location
Unless otherwise informed, orientation of new employees is held on Monday (except holidays) from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the corporate office, 8450 Northwest Boulevard, Indianapolis 46278.