When to Call Your Physician
The following information is to be used as a guideline only. If you were given specific printed instructions from your surgeon, please refer to those instructions first.
Call 911 if you are experiencing chest pain or sever shortness of breath.
Call your surgeon at 317.802.2000 or 800.223.3381 for the following:
- If you are experiencing bleeding that won't stop
- If you are concerned about the appearance of your incision, i.e. increased redness
- If you have a fever over 101.5 degrees
- If you are having side effects from any of your medications such as rash, itching, nausea or vomiting
- IF you fall or feel you may have reinjured your surgical area
- If you are feeling constant numbness, swelling or increased pain the arm or leg that had surgery
- If you have pain, tenderness or swelling in your calf (lower leg)